Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The work begins

Things are starting to get intense. I am studying Spanish 5 hours a day 5 days a week not including time spent with my host family (I get 5 weeks of  Spanish and 5 weeks of Guarani) and during the afternoon I am getting safety, medical, and technical training.  My first assignment for tech training is the create a club.  I created a club that creates plays together. Our first meeting is on Sunday....wish me luck.  My next assignment for tech starts on friday. We get set up with a teacher and we need to observe him/her and start teaching model lessons for him or her.  

Tomorrow I am doing a tapeapovo (treasure hunt in guarani) in Asuncion!  I am really excited! I am responsible for figuring out how to get there from Guarambere and how to find the two places that I am looking for. Then I have to figure out how to get the officina de cuerpos de paz.  I am a little nervous because the other group had some problems, but I’m more excited to see the city and practice my Spanish!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are jumping in with both feet and learning how to speak and get around the city. Sometimes, you can learn more from solving a problem, than if things go off without a hitch. Good luck and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete