Sunday, February 20, 2011

Going to the capital

As you know, on Thursday I went to Asuncion to do a treasure hunt (tapeapovo).  It was a lot of fun. I went to the mercado de San Lorenzo. The mercado there is an outdoor market in which you can buy absolutely anything you want for a ridiculously cheap price.  I also went to the multiplaza. The multiplaza is essentially a mall. We were supposed to visit a bookstore inside it called La Guapa India (which was a trick since the bookstore doesn’t exsist anymore).  Then we went to the Peace Corps office.
My group had no trouble with the Treasure hunt at all, but the other group had some minor issues.  A couple people finished early so they went to visit the US Embassy and they took pictures of it...but, apparently you’re not allowed to take pictures of government buildings because the people taking pictures were arrested and detained for an hour.  A few other people got...thankfully, I haven’t gotten sick, 

No comments:

Post a Comment