Monday, January 31, 2011

On my way...into the unknown

The past week has been filled with last minute shopping, packing, and spending time with family and friends, all in preparation for Monday January 31st, 2011, the day in which I officially became a registered PCT (Peace Corps Trainee).  Can you believe it???

I spent the day  traveling to Miami, FL to meet up with the rest of my training group (officially called G35).   There are around 50 of us in two different programs. One of the programs is Rural Health and the other, mine, is Integral Education (IE).   The other volunteers seem really nice!

I am really excited, but also kind of nervous because no one seems to know what to expect.  As my Dad says, I'll just roll with the punches, and as I say I am going to give it my all and  hope that I don't screw up too badly :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it out of Denver ahead of the storm. Stay safe and have fun! I think they select peace corps candidates based on friendly personalities. So, there should be quite a few people as nice as you.Stay safe and have fun. Love from Ahmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully organized blog-page (is that what it's called). I look forward to each posting. We came home in the snow storm, and it took a while to get home. It's good that you left earlier. Have a fabulous experience. I know you will be a great ambassador for Americans who care about the world. Love from Coralee

    ReplyDelete